霍晓红 SPACE

又一个WordPress站点

首页 >全部文章 > 正文内容
【视频】| 我们的爱情故事 TED-TED与纪录片

在日渐浮躁的今天
我们不盲从、不封闭、不恶意评判
用TED 开阔视野
This is what LGBT life is like around the world

TED简介:2015 |演讲者 Jenni Chang 和Lisa Dazols是一对同性恋伴侣。他们完成了一场“不那么直的”环球旅程。一起走过了5万英里,跨越了15个国家,采访了超过50个超级同志弋阳工业园区 。当她们回顾自己的脚步时,意识到她们看到的是一个爱情故事,不是如她们所料爱情故事,但是一个她们所能感受和想象到的充满自由,冒险和平等的爱情故事。
演讲者:Jenni Chang & Lisa Dazols
片长:11:55

(万一视频被下架,请点击原文看)
中英文对照翻译
Jenni Chang: When I told my parents I was gay,the first thing they said to me was,"We're bringing you back to Taiwan."
Jenni Chang: 当我向我的父母出柜的时候,他们的第一反应是,“我们要把你带回台湾。”
In their minds, my sexual orientation was America's fault.The West had corrupted me with divergent ideas,and if only my parents had never left Taiwan,this would not have happened to their only daughter.In truth, I wondered if they were right.
在他们看来,我的性取向是美国造成的错误,是西方的非主流观念侵蚀了我,而且如果我的父母从未离开台湾,他们的独生女儿绝不会变成这样。事实上,我想他们并不见得正确。
Of course, there are gay people in Asia,just as there are gay people in every part of the world.But is the idea of living an "out" life双生恋 ,in the "I'm gay, this is my spouse纨绔长公主 , and we're proud of our lives together"kind of way just a Western idea?
当然,亚洲也有很多同性恋者,就像全世界其他地区一样。但是以“出柜”的方式生活,就像“我是同性恋,这是我的伴侣,我们很骄傲共同生活在一起”这种方式难道只是西方的观念吗?
If I had grown up in Taiwan, or any place outside of the West,would I have found models of happy, thriving LGBT people?
如果我在台湾或是任何西方国家以外的地方长大,我会找到欢乐的LGBT(LGBT是女同性恋者(Lesbians)、男同性恋者(Gays)、双性恋者(Bisexuals)与跨性别者(Transgender)群体吗?
Lisa Dazols: I had similar notions.As an HIV social worker in San Francisco,I had met many gay immigrants.They told me their stories of persecution in their home countries,just for being gay,and the reasons why they escaped to the US.I saw how this had beaten them down.After 10 years of doing this kind of work,I needed better stories for myself.I knew the world was far from perfect,but surely not every gay story was tragic.
Lisa Dazols:我也有同样的想法。作为一名旧金山的艾滋病社工,我遇到过很多同性恋移民。他们跟我讲述了在原籍国仅仅因为是同性恋而遭受迫害的故事,以及他们为什么逃往美国的种种原因。我目睹了这些是如何压垮他们的。在做了十年这类工作后,我需要给我自己一些更好的故事。我知道,这个世界并不完美,但可以肯定的是,并非所有的同性爱情故事都是悲剧。
JC: So as a couple, we both had a need to find stories of hope.So we set off on a mission to travel the worldand look for the people we finally termed as the "Supergays."
JC:作为伴侣,我们两个都希望寻找充满希望的故事。于是我们开始了环游世界的旅程去找寻那些我们称为“超级同志”的人。
These would be the LGBT individualswho were doing something extraordinary in the world.They would be courageous, resilient,and most of all魏家福 , proud of who they were.They would be the kind of person that I aspire to be.Our plan was to share their stories to the world through film.
这些人是LGBT群体里的一员,在世界各地做着不同寻常的事情。他们勇敢而又坚韧,最重要的是,他们对自己感到骄傲。他们是我渴望成为的那种人。我们的计划是把他们的故事通过电影展示给全世界。
LD: There was just one problem.We had zero reporting and zero filmmaking experience.
LD:只有一个问题。我们的报道经验和电影制作经验为零。
We didn't even know where to find the Supergays,so we just had to trust that we'd figure it all out along the way.So we picked 15 countries in Asia, Africa and South America,countries outside the West that varied in terms of LGBT rights.We bought a camcorder,ordered a book on how to make a documentary --you can learn a lot these days --and set off on an around-the-world trip.
我们甚至不知道要去哪里寻找这些超级同志,于是我们只好相信,在路上可以解决这些困难。于是我们选择了十五个国家跨越亚洲,非洲和南美洲,这些西方以外的国家对LGBT权利的规定各有不同。我们买了一个便携式摄像机,购买了一本纪录片拍摄教程——如今你能够学到很多——然后就开始了我们的环球旅行。
JC: One of the first countries that we traveled to was Nepal.Despite widespread poverty, a decade-long civil war,and now recently, a devastating earthquake,Nepal has made significant strides in the fight for equality.One of the key figures in the movement is Bhumika Shrestha.
JC:我们前往的第一个国家是尼泊尔。尽管经历了大范围的贫困和一次长期的内战,加上最近的一次毁灭性地震,尼泊尔依然在平权的斗争中迈出了巨大的步伐这个平权运动的重要人物之一是 Bhumika Shrestha。
A beautiful, vibrant transgendered woman,Bhumika has had to overcome being expelled from schooland getting incarcerated because of her gender presentation.But, in 2007, Bhumika and Nepal's LGBT rights organizationsuccessfully petitioned the Nepali Supreme Courtto protect against LGBT discrimination.
一位美丽而又充满活力的变性女子,Bhumika要克服被学校开除的境遇以及由于她的性别表现而被监禁的痛苦。但是,在2007年 Bhumika和尼泊尔的LGBT平权组织成功地请愿,使得尼泊尔最高法院通过了保护LGBT不受歧视的法案。
Here's Bhumika:
这就是Bhumika:
(Video) BS: What I'm most proud of?I'm a transgendered person.I'm so proud of my life.On December 21, 2007,the supreme court gave the decision for the Nepal governmentto give transgender identity cardsand same-sex marriage.
(视频)BS:我最骄傲的是什么?我是一个变性人,我对我的生活感到骄傲。在2007年12月21日,尼泊尔最高法院决定要求尼泊尔政府为变性人发放身份证件,并且批准了同性婚姻。
LD: I can appreciate Bhumika's confidence on a daily basis.Something as simple as using a public restroomcan be a huge challenge when you don't fit into people's strict gender expectations.Traveling throughout Asia,I tended to freak out women in public restrooms.They weren't used to seeing someone like me.I had to come up with a strategy, so that I could just pee in peace.
LD:我每天都能感受到Bhumika的自信。当你无法适应对性别表现严格区分的人群时,像使用公共厕所一样简单的事情也会成为一个巨大的挑战。穿越亚洲的旅行过程中,我时常会吓到公共厕所里的女子。她们并不常看到我这样的人。我得想出一个应对的策略,这样才能安心如厕。
So anytime I would enter a restroom,I would thrust out my chest to show my womanly parts,and try to be as non-threatening as possible.Putting out my hands and saying孟安仁 , "Hello",just so that people could hear my feminine voice.This all gets pretty exhausting, but it's just who I am.I can't be anything else.
每次我走进女厕所的时候,我会挺胸以展示我的女性特质,努力使自己看起来没有威胁。然后伸出手说“你好”,只为能让人们听到我女性的声音相府闺秀 。这些都令人感到疲惫不堪, 但我就是这样。我不会是别的样子。
JC: After Nepal, we traveled to India.On one hand, India is a Hindu society,without a tradition of homophobia.On the other hand, it is also a society with a deeply patriarchal system,which rejects anything that threatens the male-female order.When we spoke to activists,they told us that empowerment begins with ensuring proper gender equality,where the women's status is established in society.And in that way, the status of LGBT people can be affirmed as well.
JC:离开尼泊尔,我们来到了印度。一方面,印度是一个印度教传统社会,没有对同性恋的恐惧。另一方面,它又是一个被父权制度深远影响的社会,父权制社会拒绝一切威胁男女秩序的事情。当我们和一些活动家对话时上海张学兵,他们告诉我权利的赋予必须以男女平等为前提,如果女性在社会中的地位被承认。那么,LGBT群体的地位也就可以得到保障。
LD: There we met Prince Manvendra.He's the world's first openly gay prince.Prince Manvendra came out on the "Oprah Winfrey Show,"very internationally.His parents disowned himand accused him of bringing great shame to the royal family.We sat down with Prince Manvendraand talked to him about why he decided to come out so very publicly.
LD:在那里我们见到了Manvendra王子。他是世界上第一个公开出柜的王子。Manvendra王子在“欧普拉脱口秀”中宣布出柜举世瞩目。他的父母与他脱离了关系并指责他为王室蒙羞。我们和Manvendra王子坐在一起讨论他为什么要在如此公开的场合出柜。
Here he is:(Video) Prince Manvendra: I felt there was a lot of needto break this stigma and discrimination which is existing in our society.And that instigated me to come out openly and talk about myself.Whether we are gay, we are lesbian, we are transgender夹腿综合症, bisexualor whatever sexual minority we come from,we have to all unite and fight for our rights.Gay rights cannot be won in the court rooms,but in the hearts and the minds of the people.
这就是他:(视频)Manvenddra王子:我认为非常有必要打破我们社会中存在的耻辱感和歧视。这促使我公开出柜讲述自己。不论我们是男同性恋,是女同性恋,是变性人,双性恋或者是少数类性取向,我们要团结起来争取我们的权力。同性恋的权利不是在法庭里赢得的,而是要赢在人民的思想与心目当中。
JC: While getting my hair cut,the woman cutting my hair asked me,"Do you have a husband?"Now, this was a dreaded questionthat I got asked a lot by locals while traveling.When I explained to her that I was with a woman instead of a man,she was incredulous,and she asked me a lot of questions about my parents' reactionsand whether I was sad that I'd never be able to have children.
JC:我在剪头发的时候,女理发师问我,“你有丈夫了吗?”现在,这是个可怕的问题在旅途中,姜逸磊当地人时常会问我这样的问题。当我向她解释我和女人交往,而不是男人,她感到很疑惑,她问了很多问题关于我父母的反应以及我会不会悲伤,因为我永远不会有孩子。
I told her that there are no limitations to my lifeand that Lisa and I do plan to have a family some day.Now, this woman was ready to write me offas yet another crazy Westerner.She couldn't imagine that such a phenomenoncould happen in her own country.That is, until I showed her the photos of the Supergaysthat we interviewed in India.She recognized Prince Manvendra from televisionand soon I had an audience of other hairdressersinterested in meeting me.
我告诉她,我的生命没有条条框框,Lisa和我会在未来组建一个家庭洛王妃。当时,这位女子已经准备将我划分成为另一个疯狂的西方人。她无法想象这种情况会发生在她自己的国家。就这样,直到我拿出那些我们在印度采访过的超级同志的照片,她认出了视频里的Manvendra王子很快,其他发型师也成为了我的观众,他们都很有兴趣与我见面。
And in that ordinary afternoon,I had the chance to introduce an entire beauty salonto the social changes that were happening in their own country.
在那个平凡的午后,我得以向整间发廊的人介绍发生在她们国家的社会变化。
LD: From India, we traveled to East Africa,a region known for intolerance towards LGBT people.In Kenya, 89 percent of people who come out to their familiesare disowned.Homosexual acts are a crime and can lead to incarceration.In Kenya, we met the soft-spoken David Kuria.David had a huge mission of wanting to work for the poorand improve his own government.So he decided to run for senate.He became Kenya's first openly gay political candidate.David wanted to run his campaign without denying the reality of who he was.But we were worried for his safetybecause he started to receive death threats.
LD:我们从印度旅行到东非,一个被认为对LGBT无法容忍的地方。在肯尼亚,向他们家人出轨的人中有89%被断绝亲子关系。同性恋被认为是一种罪行而遭到监禁。在肯尼亚泪痕剑 ,我们见到了言辞温和的 大卫·库利亚。大卫有一个伟大目标:为穷人工作并推动政府改革。于是他决定竞选议员。他成为了肯尼亚第一个公开出柜的政治候选人。大卫决定在竞选时不隐瞒自己的同性恋身份,但我们很担心他的安全,因为他开始受到死亡威胁。
(Video) David Kuria: At that point, I was really scaredbecause they were actually asking for me to be killed.And, yeah,there are some people out there who do itand they feel that they are doing a religious obligation.
(视频)大卫·库利亚:那时,我一度非常害怕,因为他们真的想要谋杀我。然后,嗯,有些人真的会这么做并且自认为是在履行宗教义务。
JC: David wasn't ashamed of who he was.Even in the face of threats,he stayed authentic.
JC:大卫并不为自己的身份而感到羞耻。即使面对威胁,他仍然保持了真实的自己。
LD: At the opposite end of the spectrum is Argentina.Argentina's a country where 92 percent of the population identifies as Catholic.Yet, Argentina has LGBT laws that are even more progressivethan here in the US.In 2010, Argentina became the first country in Latin Americaand the 10th in the world to adopt marriage equality.
LD:在光谱的另一端是阿根廷。阿根廷有92%的人口是天主教徒。然而,阿根廷对于LGBT的法律比起美国还更加进步。在2010年,阿根廷成为 拉丁美洲第一个也是世界上第十个认可同性婚姻平权的国家李令月 。
There, we met María Rachid.María was a driving force behind that movement.
在那里,我们见到了Maria Rachid。Maria 是那场平权运动的推动力之一。
María Rachid (Spanish): I always say that, in reality,the effects of marriage equalityare not only for those couples that get married.They are for a lot of people that, even though they may never get married,will be perceived differently by their coworkers,their families and neighbors,from the national state's message of equality.I feel very proud of Argentinabecause Argentina today is a model of equality.And hopefully soon,the whole world will have the same rights.
Maria Rachid (西班牙语):我总是说,在现实中,婚姻平权的影响不仅限于那些结了婚的情侣。即使对于那些永不结婚的人来说也有意义,因为在国家的婚姻平权政策之下使他们可以获得同事、家人和邻居的理解和包容,我为阿根廷感到非常骄傲,因为今日的阿根廷是平等的楷模黄金英雄坛说 。希望在不远的未来,整个世界都会享有平等的权利。
JC: When we made the visit to my ancestral lands,I wish I could have shown my parents what we found there.Because here is who we met:
JC:当我们访问我祖辈生活的国度,我希望能向我的父母展示我们在那里的发现。因为,这些是我们遇见的人:
(Video) One, two, three. Welcome gays to Shanghai!
(视频)一,二,三安邦护卫。欢迎同志们来上海!
A whole community of young, beautiful Chinese LGBT people.Sure, they had their struggles.But they were fighting it out.In Shanghai, I had the chance to speak to a local lesbian groupand tell them our story in my broken Mandarin Chinese.In Taipei, each time we got onto the metro,we saw yet another lesbian couple holding hands.And we learned that Asia's largest LGBT pride eventhappens just blocks away from where my grandparents live.If only my parents knew.
一个由年轻美丽的LGBT中国人组成的社区。当然,他们也有自己的斗争。但他们的斗争成功了。在上海,我有幸和当地的一个女同性恋组织对话用我蹩脚的中文向她们讲述我们的故事。在台北,我们每次走入地铁,就会看见另一组女同性恋情侣牵着手。我们了解到亚洲最大的LGBT活动傲娇聚会,就在我祖父母居住的区域附近。真希望我的父母也知道。
LD: By the time we finished our not-so-straight journey around the world,we had traveled 50,000 milesand logged 120 hours of video footage.We traveled to 15 countriesand interviewed 50 Supergays.Turns out, it wasn't hard to find them at all.
LD:当我们完成这场 “不那么直的”环球旅程,我们走过了5万英里,拍摄了120小时的视频片段。我们的旅程跨越了15个国家,采访了50个超级同志。结果是,找到他们并不难董大宝 。
JC: Yes, there are still tragedies that happenon the bumpy road to equality.And let's not forget that 75 countries still criminalize homosexuality today.But there are also stories of hope and couragein every corner of the world.What we ultimately took away from our journey is,equality is not a Western invention.
JC:是的,在那通往平等的崎岖道路上仍有悲剧发生。我们不要忘记,时至今日仍有75个国家将同性恋视为犯罪。但是,世界各地的每个角落仍有充满希望和勇气的故事口口香石锅鱼 。我们从这趟旅程获得的感悟是,平等并不是西方的发明。
LD: One of the key factors in this equality movement is momentum,momentum as more and more people embrace their full selvesand use whatever opportunities they haveto change their part of the world,and momentum as more and more countriesfind models of equality in one another.When Nepal protected against LGBT discrimination,India pushed harder.When Argentina embraced marriage equality浅之美波,Uruguay and Brazil followed.When Ireland said yes to equality,the world stopped to notice.When the US Supreme Court makes a statement to the worldthat we can all be proud of.
LD:这场平权运动的关键因素之一就是动力,这种动力来源于越来越多的人拥抱真实的自己,用他们所有的一切机会,改变他们所在的地方。这种动力也来源于越来越多的国家,从其他国家的案例中找到了平等的方式。当尼泊尔保护LGBT人群不受歧视,印度更努力地向前推动。当阿根廷拥抱婚姻平权爱情大魔咒 ,乌拉圭和巴西紧随其后。当爱尔兰同意平权,世界为之驻足。当美国最高法院向世界宣布一个我们都会为之自豪的决定时。
JC: As we reviewed our footage,what we realized is that we were watching a love story.It wasn't a love story that was expected of me,but it is one filled with more freedom, adventure and lovethan I could have ever possibly imagined.One year after returning home from our trip,marriage equality came to California.And in the end, we believe, love will win out.
JC:当我们回顾我们的脚步,我们才意识到我们看到的是一个爱情故事。不是如我们所料爱情故事,而是一个我所能想象到的充满自由、冒险和爱情的故事。在结束旅程回家一年后,婚姻平等来到了加利福尼亚。最终,我们相信,爱情最终会赢得胜利。
(Video) By the power vested in me,by the state of Californiaand by God Almighty,I now pronounce you spouses for life.You may kiss.
(视频)根据加利福尼亚州政府,和全能的上帝赋予我的权力真命天师 ,我现在宣布你们正式结为夫妻。你们可以亲吻了。
(鼓掌)
网友热评

转载需注明:来自TED与纪录片 ID:TEDMORE
版权归TED所有,仅供学习交流如有侵权也请后台联系
今日互动
保持尊重
【 最 热 TED 】
TED | 婴儿的天才语言能力
哈佛75年研究 如何更好地生活
TED | 请一定要睡个好觉
TED | 重新认识出轨行为
TED | 如何掌控你的自由时间
纪录片 | 航拍中国
后台回复“目录”查看全部往期文章
【 入 群 】
TED | 观后感交流群 | TED打卡群
请加万水:hey-hey-
或后台回复“加群”
打赏通道 存钱买小鸡腿
上一篇:天下无妖下载地址 下一篇:大通金融怎么样

繁华落尽 转瞬即逝

我们需要透过一系列的训练来突破关卡,我们需要达到一个不受到过去历史的羁绊的心境,透过这样的心境,进而引导成为一个适合进行前进到战士人,我们需要成为一个完美无缺的战士,我们的目标是遵循着力量进入无限的领域和穿越!